Today is my last day of co-op at Digitalsmiths, a video discovery & metadata software company in Durham, NC. Over the past 5 months, I engaged on several exciting initiatives with the Digitalsmiths team, all focused on technology, project management and business. Just a few including building a cloud-based KPI dashboard, running logistics at a trade show in Las Vegas and spearheading social media marketing strategies.
So, what did I learn about?
- All about the digital video industry and a unique application of data
- How a VC backed tech start-up operates from the inside
- Structure of an executive team & reporting structure
- Talking to clients at major fortune 500 organizations
- I realized how important company culture is & how I want to structure it
- I have the entrepreneurial bug. Next step is to start my own company
- I crave risk, responsibility & big rewards & relentlessly pursue them
This semester was all about discovery for me: video discovery & self discovery. I confirmed important parts of what motivates me & makes me happy. All in all, a great success!